- Versatile red vinification strain
- Tolerates up to 17% alcohol
- Prevents the formation of H2S
- Produces a red fruit overture with good color stability across all red varietals
- Consumes around 25-30% of malic acid present during the alcoholic fermentation
- Maintains desired varietal characteristics while producing aromas and flavours of raspberry, strawberry, and red plum
Viability / Living cells: > 1.0 x 1010 cells/gram
Package Sizes: 500 g and 10 kg vacuum packed foil sachets.
Storage Conditions: Store cool and dry, 4 – 15 ⁰C (39 – 59 ⁰F). Do not freeze!
Inoculation Rate: 200 – 350 g/1000 L (1.7 – 2.92 lbs /1000 gallons)
Note: inoculation range is based on the juice sugar content and condition of grapes.
- In an inert and sterile container, prepare chlorine-free water at 38-42 ⁰C (100-108 ⁰F) that is 10 times the weight of the yeast to be rehydrated.
- Gently mix the yeast into the water and allow 20 minutes for rehydration.
- After rehydration, begin to slowly add full strength juice into the yeast mixture every 5 minutes to allow for acclimation. Do not decrease the temperature of the mixture by more that 5 ⁰C (9 ⁰F) with each juice addition.
- When the temperature of the yeast suspension is less than 10 ⁰C (18 ⁰F) warmer than the must to be inoculated , slowly add the yeast mixture into the fermentation vessel.
Note: Directly adding dry yeast to the must or juice tank is not advisable. The inoculation rate and the use of SO2, yeast hulls, rehydration nutrients, lysozyme should be decided according to the judgment of the winemaker.
Ideally suited for wines that have higher alcohol levels, such as full bodied Shiraz or Zinfandel. Given its red fruit notes, the strain also has outstanding aromatic compatibility for moderate climate Cabernet-Sauvignon and Sangiovese.
Avante (ADT-36) (September 28, 2021)