- General white vinification strain, and is also a popular choice for neutral seltzer fermentations
- Prevents formation of H2S
- A strong fermenter that will perform in a wide range of temperatures (14-28 °C)
- This strain reveals notes of pear, apple, grapefruit, lime and fresh pineapple, which will add a delicate complexity
- MLF compatible
Viability / Living cells: > 1.0 x 1010 cells/gram
Package Sizes: 500 g and 10 kg vacuum packed foil sachets.
Storage Conditions: Store cool and dry, 4 – 15 ⁰C (39 – 59 ⁰F). Do not freeze!
Inoculation Rate: 200 – 350 g/1000 L (1.66 – 2.92 lbs /1000 gallons)
Note: inoculation range is based on the juice sugar content and condition of grapes.
- In an inert and sterile container, prepare chlorine-free water at 38-42 ⁰C (100-108 ⁰F) that is 10 times the weight of the yeast to be rehydrated.
- Gently mix the yeast into the water and allow 20 minutes for rehydration.
- After rehydration, begin to slowly add full strength juice into the yeast mixture every 5 minutes to allow for acclimation. Do not decrease the temperature of the mixture by more that 5 ⁰C (9 ⁰F) with each juice addition.
- When the temperature of the yeast suspension is less than 10 ⁰C (18 ⁰F) warmer than the must to be inoculated , slowly add the yeast mixture into the fermentation vessel.
Note: Directly adding dry yeast to the must or juice tank is not advisable.
Recommended for cool climate Chardonnays (e.g. Chablis), where pear, green plum and apple notes are desired, as well as Australian and German Rieslings styles because of its citrusy (lime) characteristics. It can be a great pair for spicy Alsacian Pinot Gris or Italian Pinot Grigio as it also presents hints of black pepper, eucalyptus. Due to its H2S prevention and its MLF compatibility, it can be used perfectly in barrel fermentation of Sauvignon Blanc “Fume Blanc” style.
Vivace (VIC-23) (September 28, 2021)