- Specifically developed for cider producers
- Prevents the formation of H2S
- Imparts a bright apple character and refreshing crisp finish
- Moderate steady kinetics
- Medium-bodied & dry fermenting
Viability / Living cells: > 1.0 x 1010 cells /gram
Package Sizes: 500 g and 10 kg vacuum packed foil sachets.
Storage Conditions: Store cool and dry, 4 – 15 ⁰C (39 – 59 ⁰F). Do not freeze!
Inoculation Rate: 200 – 350 g/1000 L (1.7 – 2.92 lbs/1000 gallons)
Note: inoculation range is based on the juice sugar content and condition of grapes.
- In an inert and sterile container, prepare chlorine-free water at 38-42 ⁰C (100-108 ⁰F) that is 10 times the weight of the yeast to be rehydrated.
- Gently mix the yeast into the water and allow 20 minutes for rehydration.
- After rehydration, begin to slowly add full strength juice into the yeast mixture every 5 minutes to allow for acclimation. Do not decrease the temperature of the mixture by more that 5 ⁰C (9 ⁰F) with each juice addition.
- When the temperature of the yeast suspension is less than 10 ⁰C ( 18 ⁰F) warmer than the must to be inoculated , slowly add the yeast mixture into the fermentation vessel.
Note: Directly adding dry yeast to the must or juice tank is not advisable. The inoculation rate and the use of SO2, yeast hulls, rehydration nutrients, lysozyme should be decided according to the judgment of the winemaker.
Fresco produces notable aromas and flavours of red apple, pear and citrus. It can be used for different styles of Cider as New World, English, French, Perry, Ice, New England, Apple Wine and fruit ciders.
- New World
- New England
- Apple Wine
- Fruit Cider
Fresco (September 28, 2021)