(Brioso - BRO 58)
A specialty yeast for complex fruit-driven red wines.
Selected for its intense aroma purity and ability to enhance varietal characteristics, Brio elevates the aromatic expressiveness of a wine with impressive notes of cherry, black fruit and spice. Brio improves the extraction of phenolic compounds and colour, which helps to produce a complex, rounded wine. Brio is noted for its ability to enhance the flavor of red wine varietals, particularly Pinot Noir, Grenache and youthful Gamays. With its intense aromatics and ability to aid color and extraction, Brio is also well-suited for early release red and rosé wines.
Viability / Living cells: > 1.0 x 1010 cells/gram
Package Sizes: 500g and 10kg vacuum packed foil sachets.
Storage Conditions: Store cool and dry, 4 - 15⁰C (39 - 59⁰F). Do not freeze!
Inoculation Rate: 200 - 350g/1000L (1.66 - 2.92lbs/1000 gallons)
Note: inoculation range is based on the juice sugar content and condition of grapes.
- Prepare a chlorine-free, 3:1 water to juice mixture of approximately 5 times the yeast weight at 38 - 42°C (100 - 108°F).
- Gently sprinkle the yeast into the water-juice mixture and, without stirring, allow 10 minutes for hydration.
- Stir the yeast into the water-juice mixture allowing it an additional 10 minutes to fully hydrate.
- Add enough juice to the yeast suspension to lower the temperature by 5ºC (9ºF). Let mixture acclimate for 5 minutes.
- Repeat step 4 until the temperature of the yeast suspension is less than 8°C (15°F) warmer than the must or juice to be inoculated.
- Slowly add the yeast mixture into must or juice.
Brioso - 2015 Product Sheet ( Mar 31, 2015 )
Nitrogen supplementation is recommended during the initial 1/3 of fermentation, especially when fermenting at warmer temperatures.
*Grams of sugar required to produce 1% alcohol (v/v). Varies depending on the sugar and nutrient composition of the must and environmental conditions.
**Can produce some SO2 under stressful conditions (low nutrients, low temperature and/or very high alcohol).
The information is true and accurate to the best of our knowledge. However, this data sheet is not to be considered as a guarantee expressed or implied, or as a condition of sale of this product.
Brio (2018) ( Jun 26, 2018 )