Specifically developed for cider producers, Fresco imparts a bright apple character and a refreshing crisp finish with strong steady kinetics.
A medium bodied, dry fermenting yeast with a balanced crisp citrus fruit finish. Notable aromas and flavors include red apple, pear, and citrus.
Viability / Living cells: > 1.0 x 1010 cells/gram
Package Sizes:500g and 10kg vacuum packed foil sachets.
Storage Conditions: Store cool and dry, 4 - 15⁰C (39 - 59⁰F). Do not freeze!
Inoculation Rate:200 - 350g/1000L (1.66 - 2.92lbs/1000 gallons)
Note: inoculation range is based on the juice sugar content and condition of grapes.
- Prepare a chlorine-free, 3:1 water to juice mixture of approximately 5 times the yeast weight at 38 - 42°C (100 - 108°F).
- Gently sprinkle the yeast into the water-juice mixture and, without stirring, allow 10 minutes for hydration.
- Stir the yeast into the water-juice mixture allowing it an additional 10 minutes to fully hydrate.
- Add enough juice to the yeast suspension to lower the temperature by 5ºC (9ºF). Let mixture acclimate for 5 minutes.
- Repeat step 4 until the temperature of the yeast suspension is less than 8°C (15°F) warmer than the must or juice to be inoculated.
- Slowly add the yeast mixture into must or juice.
Note: Directly adding dry yeast to the must or juice tank is not advisable.
The information is true and accurate to the best of our knowledge. However, this data sheet is not to be considered as a guarantee expressed or implied, or as a condition of sale of this product.
(55 - 95ºF)